We draw material from our donor pool of (currently) 33 donors – all of whom are carefully pre-screened for lifestyle, occupation, attitude, social status (which drives shopping and eating choices), dietary approach and use of natural remedies as opposed to using pharmaceutical drugs. They are screened for medical history and that of their closest relatives. We even investigate their birth method (if they know it), their mental health, weight history and motivation for wanting to become a donor. Our application questionnaire changes according to the latest research to identify factors which may impact the gut microbiome of potential donors.
Our testing process is comprehensive and we test periodically for levels of Glyphosates (fortunately still at very low levels in UK), from a random selection of donors, repeated over a year period on rotation.
The donor(s) have verified that he/she has no history of:
- high risk sexual behaviour,
- use of illicit drugs,
- tattoos or piercings in the last 6 months,
- known communicable disease,
- metabolic syndrome (overweight, high blood pressure, fatty liver and/or diabetes),
- any type of active or past cancer or autoimmune disease,
- risk factors for acquisition of HIV, syphilis, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis C, prion infection or any neurological disease,
- gastrointestinal comorbidities, e.g., inflammatory bowel disease, irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation or diarrhoea,
- receipt of blood transfusion in preceding 6 months,
- antibiotic use in the previous 2 years prior to application,
- systemic immunosuppressive agents at any time,
- receipt of any type of live vaccine within 3 months prior to stool donation,
- any chemotherapy treatment,
- depression or other mental illness (either self or family history).
Our testing schedules:
The donor/donor blood sample was screened for:
Human Immunodeficiency virus (HIV) 1/2, Hepatitis A IgM, Hepatitis B (HBsAg), Hepatitis C antibody, Syphilis IgG/IgM, Full Blood Count, U and E, Ferritin, C-Reactive Protein, Tissue Transglutaminase, CMV IgG/IgM, H Pylori
The donor stool sample was tested for:
Campylobacter (jejuni, coli and upsaliensis), Clostridium difficile (toxin A/B), Salmonella, Yersinia enterocolitica, Vibrio (parahaemolyticus, vulnificus and cholera), Diarrheagenic E.coli/Shigella, Enteroaggregative E.coli (EAEC), Enteropathogenic E.coli (EPEC), Enterotoxigenic E.coli (ETEC) lt/st, Shiga-like toxin-producing E.coli (STEC) stx 1/ stx/2, E.coli O157, Shigella/Enteroinvasie E.coli (EIEC), Cryptosporidium, Cyclospora cayetanesis, Entamoeba histolytica, Giardia lamblia, Adenovirus, Astrovirus, Norovirus GI/GII, Rotavirus A, Sapovirus.
In January 2020 Covid-19 was found to be present in the UK. We immediately stopped manufacture when the Covid-19 entered the UK population. We will be testing for Covid-19 just like all the other serious pathogens that we screen for, so when we restart the manufacturing we will include a Covid-19 test to the screening panel. At the next 3-monthly Product Release which will be of product manufactured before the Covid-19 lock-down, we will be including the Covid-19 test as part of the final pathogen screening. We are not treating Covid-19 any differently from any other serious and life-threatening pathogen, we will screen and eliminate prior to the release of the product for use.
(The Taymount Clinic may amend the blood and stool sample screening as new research reveals new best practice)
Not just a “stool” bank:
We are not really a “Stool” Bank. We do not store the whole stool. Sophisticated laboratory techniques are used to separate, isolate and store the living and active Microbiome from the other normal waste components in the stool. TML.Science® FMT Implants contain the active microbiome fractions. We form a 30ml concentrated extract of the human lower gut microbiome.
We are a supplier of microbiota implants of guaranteed quality and safety, without the unnecessary waste materials that no recipient needs or would benefit from receiving.